In this article, we'll cover the basics of our integration with MarketSharp. From what it does, to how to get started, and even frequently asked questions.
What does the integration do?
Pull Contacts: Each night at 3 am EST, Hatch will make sure that all contacts from MarketSharp are pulled into your Hatch account and updated with the most recent information.
Push Communications: Anytime a communication such as a call, text, or email takes place within Hatch, we’ll send that information back to MarketSharp Contact's Activity automatically.
This integration does not offer Edit Contacts at this time. If you update the First and Last Name, Email, or Phone Number in Hatch, that change will not be reflected in your CRM. Update any contact information in the CRM, and wait for it to sync back to Hatch.
What information do you pull into Hatch?
We pull in the Contact’s name, phone number, and email address to get started. This is typically what we use to put contacts into a campaign. This information is pulled from Inquiries and Appointments.
We also pull in any contact details you may have in MarketSharp. This can include things like Address, Quote Amount, Sales Representative. With these details, we can make your messaging extremely customized.
How often does the integration sync?
Our integration will sync every night at 3 AM EST. Any contacts that were updated or created within the previous day in MarketSharp will be pulled into Hatch.
Where do Hatch communications show in MarketSharp?
When communications are sent back to MarketSharp, there are two options for where we record conversations. They can show up in the Client Record Activities or in the Notes section.
Within Activities, to view the communication content, hover over the Note icon. There you will see the type of communication sent or received, and the message content.
We support the following activity types:
- Hatch Inbound Call
- Hatch Outbound Call
- Hatch Inbound SMS
- Hatch Outbound SMS
- Hatch Inbound MMS
- Hatch Outbound MMS
- Hatch Inbound Email
- Hatch Outbound Email
- Hatch Inbound Voicemail
- Hatch Inbound Missed Call
Within Notes, to view the communication content, scroll down and expand the Notes section. Communication from Hatch will come from Source "Hatch integration".
Setting Up the Integration
Here’s what we need to get started:
Authorize Marketsharp & Hatch Integration
- Login to Marketsharp using an Admin Account.
- From the System Administration Panel, click Integrations Maintenance.
- Click Add Integration and select Hatch from the dropdown.
- Then, from the System Administration Panel, click Employee Maintenance.
- Select Add New Employee and create a user called "Hatch" with an employee type of “MarketSharp Operator” (This is needed for us to add activities/notes to all contacts). You'll need to share the username and password with us, so please make sure to take note of those credentials. *The name chosen for the user is what will be displayed when communications from Hatch are pushed back to MarketSharp.
- Once created, go back to Employee Maintenance. Click on the key icon to access Permissions for the newly created user for Hatch.
- Copy the Employee ID which can be found at the end of the URL. We will need this information along with your company ID to set up the integration.
- Once you have the Employee ID and your Marketsharp Company ID, submit this information via the Marketsharp Authorization Form.
Creating Audiences to Add to Campaigns
After getting a CRM integration set up, the next step is to start working on creating custom audiences with your data, and then adding those contacts to campaigns.
Here’s a couple of examples of what we’ll talk about...
- Correctly defining contacts statuses in your CRM
- Identifying your call type statues
- Deciding what contact details to use in campaign language
At this time, you can ask any outstanding questions you have about the CRM set-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Hatch change contact’s statuses in MarketSharp?
We do not update any status in MarketSharp through the integration. However, if you change the status in MarketSharp, Hatch will update that contact’s information next time we sync (manually or at 3am EST). We recommend syncing before running campaigns just in case any status changes occurred during business hours.
How often is does the CRM sync?
We sync Hatch with your CRM every night. However, at any time, you can use the Sync Button on the contacts page to make sure you are up to date before launching contacts into the campaign.
What information is pushed back to MarketSharp?
The only thing we push back to MarketSharp is the communications that occurred in Hatch. This can include texts, emails, or calls. These will populate in MarketSharp under the Contact Activities.
Does this integration pull in sold information?
No, we are unable to pull in sold information through integration. This is usually used to perform automatic sold audits. If that is something you would like on your account, please contact your Customer Success Manager and we can work with you.
I received an error saying "Maximum Number of Licensed Users Exceeded"?
In the instance that you are attempting to log in to MarketSharp and are presented with the message, “Maximum Number of Licensed Users Exceeded”, please have your MarketSharp administrator login.
The administrator will be presented with a screen that gives the option to end unnecessary sessions.
Select the End Session option for all the sessions with Hatch under the Employee column. The issue will then be alleviated and your users will be able to log in as normal, and the Hatch integration will resume normal function.
An administrator can always monitor the number of sessions being used by the Hatch + MarketSharp integration by following the below steps:
- Selecting Admin from the top-right menu
- Scroll to the bottom to the Tools section
- Select Licenses In-Use / Storage option
- You will be presented with a screen with the same End Session option