In this article, we’ll cover how you can connect to Zapier to bring in lead sources into Hatch.
Our App within Zapier allows you to pull in contact or lead information from various lead sources into your Hatch Account and drop them directly into a campaign.
Note: Before moving forward with using Zapier, confirm that we don’t offer a direct integration with your lead source. See the full list of our partnerships here.
Here’s How it Works
- A potential customer fills out a lead form on your website, social media, or on a lead aggregator like StickyLeads.
- Once the form is submitted, a “Zap” will run and send that information over to Hatch.
- Hatch receives that lead information and can put the contact into a campaign.
Popular Zapier Connections with Hatch Accounts
There are 1000+ Apps that you can connect to in the Zapier Marketplace. We’ve listed out the ones that are most popular amongst our clients here at Hatch.
If you want to try something different, just search on Zapier and see if they have an App available.
Note: If a lead source you want to use is not available through Zapier, reach out to our team and we’ll investigate if we can use another method to connect such as a custom integration or our Standard Web Form Integration.
Note: At this point in time, our Zapier App is only available through invite. Please follow these steps to gain access and set up a Zapier integration.
Gain Access to Our Zapier App
- Email your Customer Success Manager letting them know you would like to use Zapier.
- We will send you the invite to our Zapier App, as well as your Hatch Department ID and API Key which you will need to connect Zap to your Hatch Account.
- Once you have accepted the invite, you will be able to use select Hatch within Zapier.
Setting up the Zap
The Zap follows this format: When a new lead is submitted, THEN create a contact in Hatch.
- Set up your lead source as the first app in a New Zap. You’ll want the Zap to trigger when a new lead is submitted or a new entry is received (the language will change a bit depending on what App you are connecting). Test and confirm that the lead is showing all the information you want and move forward to adding Hatch.
- Search for Hatch as your second App in the Zap. In order for Hatch to show, make sure you have accepted the email invite to gain access to our Zap.
Search for "Hatch" in the Zapier Marketplace.
- Add your Hatch Account information. You will need your Department ID (where we will send the leads), and your API key. Both will be provided in an email from our team.
To add your Hatch Account to the Zap, you'll need your department ID and your API key.
- In the Customize Contact section, match any contact information that you would like to send to Hatch.
The final step before testing is to map up your lead source fields to Hatch data fields.See the list below of what can be pulled into Hatch:
How it’s used in Hatch
This is the unique identifier for that contact or lead. If we ever see that a lead has the same contact ID, then we can update the data to make sure it’s up to date.
Contact First Name
Contact Last Name
Contact Phone Number
Used to contact customer
Used to contact customer
123 Richmond Lane
Used to customize campaigns or conversations.
For example, let’s say on the lead form the customer is asked to say how many windows they want.
We can include in our messaging “We see you are looking for 8 windows. Let’s see what we can do.”
Used to distinguish contacts within Hatch or your CRM
Contact Created At
Used to determine when the lead came in
- Within the Contact Details, add a field for Lead Source, and name it where your leads are coming from. For example, if your leads are coming from Wufoo Forms, add a Contact Detail called "Source" and instead of mapping it to your data, type in "Wufoo". This will be how we can search for these leads in Hatch.
- Once everything has been added, preview that everything looks good and hit Test and Review. If everything is working correctly, the Zap will send a test contact to your Workspace in Hatch.
Setting up your Campaign
If you would like contacts coming in through a Zapier connection to go directly into a campaign, talk to our customer success team.
- Set up the campaign
- Turn on the “Rule” that will instantly drop contacts from your lead source into the campaign.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Zapier cost money?
You can create 5 separate “Zaps” and run 100 “Tasks” per month for free. Essentially, you can pull 100 leads into Hatch per month before having to upgrade. See their full pricing here.
On the free plan, Zaps will check for data every 15 minutes. If you working on Speed to Lead, we recommend upgrading your account so data is pulled more frequently into Hatch.
How do I set up Instant Lead Engagement?
Once a lead is sent to Hatch, we can automatically reach out to them through text, email, or voicemail. Reach out to your Customer Success Manager to create and turn on your campaign.
How can I see leads in Hatch?
If a contact responds to a campaign, they will pop up on your Board. If you ever want to see all your contacts at once, go to the Contacts Page. Here, you can use Saved Searches to drill down to look at specific contact groups.